Welcome to the New School Year!
    It’s good to be back with the students and starting another wonderful year!  I know that students are excited to be back and are looking forward to lots of great events during the year.  This week I will be spending a lot of time with the class getting to know everyone and establishing expectations and routines.  Students have been given Planners with contact information in it if you ever need to phone or email me. Below I’ve given an outline of topics we are looking at in subject areas.

Subjects

Math:  We’ve started a math unit on patterns and will be investigating the importance of patterns in math.
Reading: Students have choice reading daily and are strongly encouraged to read at least 20-30 minutes daily at home.  I am spending the next two weeks doing reading assessments with each student so that I can find their reading level.  Students will then be engaged in an individual levelled reading program which we will use 2 days a week.  The other two days of reading will be focussed on reading skills such as word power and comprehension.
Writing:  I am asking students to give me a couple of writing samples so that I can assess writing needs to focus on in the future.
Science:  I science we will be looking at tree identification.
Art: Our focus in art for the next couple of weeks will be lettering--block, bubble, 3D, etc..
PE:  In PE the first few weeks will be spent playing group games; later students in small groups will be creating their own games which they will teach to the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment