Welcome to the new school year!


It’s the start of a new school year and everyone is excited to be back with old friends and looking forward to meet new ones.  I know it’s going to be a great year and I look forward to working with you and your child throughout the year.

Parent info night


On Wednesday, October 12 there will be  a parent information night starting at 6:30.  It will be a chance for me to introduce myself to you and chat about  subjects, class routines, and expectations for students.  It will also give me a chance for you to ask questions about events and activities in the class. I hope you will be able to make it.   

Parent/Teacher Interviews (Sept.19)

I will be putting up a sign-up sheet for parent/teacher interviews outside my door next week.  This is a chance for you to tell me about your child and let me know how I can begin to meet their needs for the year.  If you are unable to make that day, let me know and we can arrange another time to meet.

Horne Lake trip


Our class is planning  a trip to Horne Lake Caves on Sept. 26/27th.  We will be camping at Horne lake and visiting the caves as well as other activities.  I will let you know the details and cost in a note next week.  If you are interesting in coming with us that would be great!  Remember that you have to have a criminal record check as well as a driver’s check completed before you can join us on any trips.  You can find the links/info on the school web site

Subjects

Math: patterns
Art: lines, shapes, using different media
Writing: sentences, journals, spelling
Reading: short stories
PE: jogging, intro to games, folk dance
Socials: mapping

No comments:

Post a Comment