Sept. 25, 2016

We're all excited about the camping trip to Rathtrevor this week!  I know we'll have lots of fun together and share some interesting moments.  Phone me if you have any questions about the trip--groups, food or travel arrangements.  I'll send a reminder home on Tuesday about the itinerary of the trip.
A reminder to pay Vivienne $26.50 for school supplies if you haven't done so already.  Thanks!


Subjects

Math:   We continue to study patterns and I am introducing coordinate geometry to the students.  "Math is the science of patterns."
Reading:   Students continue to read "just right" books during Silent Reading time which I have daily.   Students are also reading booklets from Reading A to Z in their reading level.  
Writing:   I continue to focus on basic writing skills including sentence structure and grammar.  
Social Studies:  We are completing a study of Canada and the provinces/territories.  I plan to do some compass work in the next few weeks. 
Art:  We are looking at patterns in Art and lettering.
PE:  I am starting to work with balance and ball handling skills.  Dance will be focusing on folk dances including the Hora and a simple line dance.  
French:  I have started introducing beginning phrases with the students such as introductions--"Bonjour, Je m'appelle..."


You are welcome to phone me or email me if you have  any questions about what is happening in class.  250-537-4962  or jlightfoot@sd64.bc.ca




No comments:

Post a Comment